Glidden Real Estate Group Wants You To Roll Up Your Sleeve for Hendrick Blood Center
If you've never donated blood before, this is your chance to do so and your gift could help save a life.
Help us support Hendrick Regional Blood Center by coming out on Halloween to our Community Blood Drive. We will be at 162 Caddo Drive from 11 AM to 3 PM with KEYJ and KOOL FM to raise awareness of the importance of donating blood. It helps SAVE lives in our and the surrounding communities. DONATE LIFE will also be on-site to help you get signed up as an organ donor if you aren't already one. (Glidden Real Estate Group)
I think it's super important to take a few minutes of your time and donate because the blood you give could literally save someone's life. I've given blood to Hendrick Blood Center several times over the years, and it's super easy and quick. So, if you're worried about it taking a lot of time, it doesn't. You're in and out in no time. Plus, it's completely safe.
Our goal at Hendrick Regional Blood Center is to ensure your comfort and safety during the donation process. Most people feel fine after giving blood. A unit of blood is less than a pint, and the average adult body contains 10 – 12 pints of blood. Your body makes new blood constantly, and the fluid you give will be replaced within hours.(Hendrick Blood Center)
Once again, the blood drive will take place on Halloween (Monday, October 31st) at Glidden Real Estate Group, 162 Caddo Drive in Abilene.
I think it's super important to take a few minutes of your time and donate because the blood you give could literally save someone's life
The blood drive will adhere to Covid-19 health and safety requirements and will be held outdoors.
- Donor Information per Hendrick Regional Blood Center Website:
- At least 17 years of age (age 16 may donate with written parental consent). There is no upper age limit.
- A photo ID issued by the state, school, or U.S. government
- Eat a low-fat, high-protein meal within 2 – 4 hours before your donation. Drink plenty of non-caffeinated beverages, such as water or juice to help your body replenish lost fluids. Avoid alcohol before and after giving. Do not fast.
- Strenuous activity should be avoided for 12 hours after giving. If you have a hazardous or strenuous job, you should give at the end of your work shift
I think it's awesome that Glidden Real Estate Group is doing this community blood drive. Hendrick Blood Center is constantly in need of blood and continues to take its "Blood Mobile" out into the streets on a regular basis, but events like these definitely help.
So, please, if you have a few minutes, come out and see us on Halloween and give the gift of life. We thank you in advance.